Consumers are turning to functional beverages as an easy and convenient way to meet their health and lifestyle goals. Fortified beverages offer people a format to boost their daily intake of vitamins and minerals on-the-go.
We know that the fortified beverage market share is growing. Mintel reported that in 2019, 8.2% of new beverage launches were fortified with vitamins and minerals, this grew to 10.3% in 2020. Furthermore, Mintel reported that 58% of 35–54-year-olds are the cohort most likely to choose juices & smoothies for vitamins.
Our solutions to help you tap into this trend
B-Vitamins have small inclusions required to hit nutrient reference values, and can provide a host of EFSA claims including:
- Normal energy-yielding metabolism
- Normal functioning of the nervous system
- Normal psychological function
- Maintenance of normal red blood cells
- Reduction of tiredness and fatigue
They are water soluble so can be used within beverages and will remain fairly stable with only a small overage needed.
Our Ferrous Bisglycinate and Zinc Bisglycinate are more soluble than other forms of these minerals. They allow for their own claims such as:
- Contribution to normal formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin
- Normal metabolism of macronutrients
Can we help?
Get in touch with a member of our team to discuss how we can help fortify your beverage so you can make health claims.